Get practical tips that you can use right away.
The Living Well Alabama workshop is a six-week self-management workshop that meets once a week, for two and a half hours. Each workshop is facilitated by two trained leaders following an evidenced-based curriculum developed by Stanford University.
The interactive, evidenced based workshop was developed by Stanford University and teaches participants real-life skills for living a full, healthy life. Participants learn how to take small steps towards positive changes and healthier living. The workshop will build participant confidence and improve their ability to manage day-to-day life.
Topics covered include:
- techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
- techniques to learn better breathing
- using guided imagery and relaxation techniques
- appropriate use of medications
- communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
- nutrition and healthy eating practices
- how to evaluate new treatments
Don’t you want to feel better?
Get the support you need.
If you or someone you care for has a chronic condition such as diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, heart disease, pain, or anxiety, Living Well Alabama can give you the tools you need to gain skills and confidence to manage your condition and take charge of your life.